Frequently Asked Questions

Permit to Carry and Permit to Purchase forms can be obtained from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (MN BCA) or under the "Forms" tab on our web site.

Permit to Carry applications can only be turned into the Sheriff's Office in Person by the applicant during normal business hours.

Incomplete applications will not be processed.

** Attention Veterans & Active Military Personnel: If you are applying for a Minnesota Permit to Carry a Concealed Weapon, you are now eligible for a discount.  In order to receive your discount, you must advise us of your status and provide proof of your veteran or current enlistment status at the time of application.  Please note that refunds will not be issued at a later date.  The Faribault County Sheriff's Office thanks you for your service.

Read More ...

For Road Condition Information please call 5-1-1 or visit 

Read More ...

Questions and payments regarding traffic tickets should be directed to the MN Court Payment Center at 1-800-657-3611 (if calling from outside metro area) or 651-281-3219 (if calling from area code 612, 651, 763 or 952).  Or, visit the MN Court Payment Center web site at

Read More ...

Unfortunately the Sheriff’s Office is unable to notify every one personally of severe weather.  For residents in town a siren system is available for tornados warning and will be sounded during the start of the warnings.  These sirens will automatically turn off after a couple of minutes but the warning will still be in effect.  You should check a local media outlet or the National Weather Service for information about how long the Warning is in effect for.  A weather alert radio is the best place to be made aware of current and approaching weather conditions and all weather watches and warnings.  More information about weather radios can be obtained from the NOAA web site.  Local weather information can also be obtained from the NOAA site also.

Read More ...

Burning permits can be obtained from the city hall of the fire district you live in.  The permits are valid for 1 year.  You must call in each day that you are actually burning.  You can call the Sheriff's Office when you burn.  Please have the name the permit is issued to along with your Township and Section Number when you call.  The Sheriff's Office phone number is 507-526-5148.

Read More ...

  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow


12-29-2016 Rollover

PRESS RELEASE Case: FRC 16-8513 Date: 12/29/2016 Time: 10:00 am           On December 29, 2016 at approximately 10:00 am the Faribault County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to the intersection of 310th Avenue and 140th ...

Wednesday, 4 January 2017


Press Release - Van vs Semi 12-27-2016

PRESS RELEASE Case:  Van vs Semi Truck Date: 12/27/16 Time: 11:24am On December 27, 2016 at approximately 11:24am the Faribault County Sheriff’s Office responded to a two vehicle accident involving a van versus semi ...

Wednesday, 28 December 2016


Data Practices Policy (Updated 2016)

Data Practices Policy Guide for Members of the Public Requesting Information Faribault County Sheriff’s Office This document is required by Minnesota Statutes, section 13.03, subdivision 2(b). Right to Access Public ...

Monday, 22 February 2016


More in: Site news


Most Wanted

Do not attempt to apprehend any subject. If you have information about the whereabouts of these fugitives, immediately contact  the Faribault County Most Wanted tips line: 526-5148

Faribault County Sheriff's Office

320 Dr. H. Russ Street
Blue Earth, MN 56013

Emergencies: 911

Non-Emergencies: 507-526-5148

Hours: 8:00-5:00

  © Copyright 2009 Faribault County Sheriff's Office Site Designed By BEVCOMM